I simply love this tofu veggie quiche recipe. This recipe started from Oh She Glows and I modified it for simplicity. The recipe still takes longer than a simple tofu scramble, but it is so worth it! Truly delicious. Thank you Angela for the inspiration.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, mixed together
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or basil
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 1-2 T water, as needed
- 1 block (14-oz) firm non-gmo tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 cups Cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cups spinach or Swiss chard or 1 ½ cups broccoli, chopped fine
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4-1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 baking dish
- Mix ground flax and water in small bowl and set aside.
- Add flour, oregano, and salt to bowl.
- Add the flax/water gel to bowl and whisk until combined and sticky
- Place on bottom of baking dish and press into greased pan – put hand in baggie to avoid sticking to hands.
- Poke some holes with fork to allow air flow.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In bowl, mix veggies, herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach/broccoli, nutritional yeast, oregano, salt, pepper, until combined.
- Squeeze water out of tofu as best you can and process in food processor until creamy.
- Add tofu cream to veggie mixture until combined well. Taste mixture and add seasoning if needed. Spoon into baked crust.
- Bake quiche uncovered at 375 degrees F for 35-40 minutes until firm.
- Cool for 15 minutes for easy slicing. Warm leftovers in oven.
Original Recipe was taken and modified from a wonderful vegan chef Angela Liddon – Oh She Glows.
Let me know how you change up the recipe and make it your own!