With the heat upon us (a little more so for us in Arizona…), it’s time to put the oven in hibernation and call upon the blender. I bet you didn’t realize how easy it is to make super simple, delicious, ultra-healthy cuisine in your blender and keep you cool all at the same time. One of my favs is this chilled, refreshing blender soup.
Chilled Summer Blender Soup
Add all ingredients to blender and pulse to desired consistency.
- Liquid:1-2 cups cold water
- Fat: 2 t olive oil, ¼ C tahini
- Veggies:2 ribs celery, 1 red pepper, 1 tomato, ½ cucumber, ¼ c onion
- Herbs/Spice: ¼ cup cilantro,1 clove garlic, 2 T lemon, small jalapeno (seeded)
- Salt: 1 t sea salt, ¼ t miso paste
- Sweet: 1 apple
- Garnish:1 avocado and/or pumpkin seeds
If you care to learn more healthy, super simple recipes like this one, here are some resources:
- Simple hands-on classes in Mesa, Arizona (next class July 9th, 2016)
- Simple Nature Recipe Books
- Blog Recipes
Linda J. Curry is an author, speaker and teacher in the areas of spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being. After escaping corporate America, struggling with health challenges and persevering, Linda dove head first into many healing modalities including herbalism, and plant-based culinary arts where she established True Balance Wellness, LLC in 2008. Linda has appeared on television, authored numerous books and articles, and worked as a raw food chef at an alternative cancer center. Linda’s motto, “Attaining health one bite at a time,” is achieved through simplifying health and growth strategies through wisdom, compassion and acceptance. Linda is passionate about helping others cultivate a balanced path to wellness through books, speaking engagements, classes, consultations, and is pleased to offer her very own handcrafted skincare solutions. TrueBalanceWellness.com LindaCurry.com