Are you tired of spending $2.00+ every time you want a healthy protein bar? Try making them yourself. I was nearly addicted to Think! chocolate mint protein bars and it inspired me to make my own. By substituting some ingredients to make them healthier, and omitting some others, I finally created this healthy protein bar recipe and simply love it! It’s raw, easy to make, and delicious. Not only that, it has a good balance of protein, fat, and carbs to satiate before my next meal. Watch Linda make this recipe on her Youtube Channel.
Raw Healthy Cacao Protein Bars
- 2 Tbsp ground chia or flax seeds with 6 Tbsp warm water.
- 1 cup protein powder (I use a pea/rice protein that has greens in it)
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- ¾ cup sunflower seed butter (or another nut/seed butter)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- ½ tsp pure Monkfruit extract
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Topping: 1/3 cup dried fruit (blueberry is my favorite)
- Topping: add chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts
- Melt coconut oil.
- Grind chia/flax seeds and allow to thicken in a dish using warm water.
- Pulse nuts in food processor and set aside.
- Add rest of ingredients (except topping) to food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and modify to your desire.
- Fold in ½ of the dried berries and chopped nuts.
- Push mixture into baking dish (8×8 is good).
- Top with rest of chopped nuts and berries and gently push into mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30min only (soft enough to cut), cut into squares, transfer into tight lid container. Store some in fridge for eating and some in freezer for later.
Health educator, author, and speaker, Linda Curry, facilitates, “Attaining health one bite at a time,” through simplifying health and growth strategies with wisdom, compassion, acceptance and practicality. Linda offers customized health consultations, cooking instruction and coaching as one-size does not fit all. Check out her Youtube Channel for recipes or her 13-week Get-Healthy Makeover Series.
Thank you for the great recipe for protein bars. Your recipes are always so good!