This simple grain and flour-free “bread” recipe is dense, seedy and very delicious plain or with some butter, jam or honey. There are many variations online. This is my take on it with a touch of figs for a bit of sweetness.
Figgy Stone Age Nut and Seed Bread
2 C Nuts of choice (almonds, walnuts, pecans – roughly break up or leave whole)
4 C Seeds of choice (pepitas, sunflower, sesame, flax, hemp – I use 1 C of each)
1/3 C olive oil
1 ½ tsp sea salt
optional: 1/2 C figs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put eggs, olive oil, and salt into bowl, stir to combine.
- Roughly break up nuts and put in bowl. Add combination of seeds and chopped figs (if using).
- Mix and put into parchment lined bread pan. I like to drizzle some olive oil on top of parchment paper for easy release.
- Bake for 45 min to 1 hour. Bread will feel solid when you tap it.
- Take out of bread pan and allow to cool. Slice and enjoy!
Enjoy more low carb, grain and flour-free recipes to support your health goals.
Linda inspires wholeness bringing empowerment and well-being to those willing to learn. Linda’s motto, “Attaining health one bite at a time,” is achieved through simplifying health and growth strategies through wisdom, compassion, acceptance and practicality. Linda offers customized health consultations, cooking instruction and coaching as one-size does not fit all.