I found this incredibly simple Indian Dal recipe from Instagrammer TanFrance. I simply loved it and wanted to share this healthy, delicious, recipe. I did modify just a bit and added some raw toppings. Enjoy!
Simple Indian Dal Recipe
- 1 ½ Cup Lentils
- 3 ¾ Cup water
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp each of coriander, garam masala, cumin
- ¾ tsp chili powder (less depending on desired spice level)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp butter (or ghee)
- Raw Toppings: Handful of cilantro, chopped tomatoes, cucumber
- Add lentils, water, salt, and spices to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40min stirring occasionally.
- When mixture has thickened, put butter and garlic in a smaller pan and cook on medium heat until mixture browns. Add to lentils, mix in.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice and serve with rice or bread. Use leftovers as a sauce for fish or just a side dish.
Let me know if you make it and what you changed to make it your own. Comment below.
Health educator, author, and speaker, Linda Curry, facilitates, “Attaining health one bite at a time,” through simplifying health and growth strategies with wisdom, compassion, acceptance and practicality. Linda offers customized health consultations, cooking instruction and coaching as one-size does not fit all. Check out her Youtube Channel for recipes or her 13-week Get-Healthy Makeover Series.