These vegetarian quinoa mini-quiches (and non-dairy) are packed with protein and flavor! They were a hit at the 2019 retreat and wanted to share with all of you. Add some dried cranberries and you may have a preview of Thanksgiving.
2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary and thyme
½ cup diced onion
2 cups shredded zucchini, carrot and chopped spinach
1 cup coconut cream (no liquid)
1 can drained and rinsed black beans
1/2 cup Nut Parm, divided (or use parmesan cheese)
5 eggs + 4 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
½ teaspoon sea salt
Side/garnish: sliced apples, almond butter, cinnamon, greens
- Combine water, quinoa, onion, and olive oil in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir rosemary into the quinoa mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, ~ 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 24 muffin cups.
- Gently salt zucchini, let sit 5min and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Combine quinoa mixture with rest of ingredients including ¼ C parm. Spoon mixture into each muffin cup and top with remaining Nut Parm.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set in the middle and edges are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Makes ~ 2 dozen muffins. Cool for 5 minutes in the muffin cups.
- Plate quiches on top of greens, drizzle with olive oil and serve with sliced apple with almond butter and cinnamon.
Please share any variations you make to this vegetarian quinoa mini quiche recipe. To your health…. -Linda
Linda is passionate about educating the importance of food on our overall health bringing empowerment and good health to those willing to learn. Linda’s motto, “Attaining health one bite at a time,” is achieved through simplifying nutrition and healthy food preparation without sacrificing taste. Ask about personal plant-based cooking instruction and health consultations.