I hope you enjoy these gluten free gingersnap molasses cookies as much as I do. Pair with a cup of my homemade chai tea. The holiday spirit is a guarantee. (please note, this recipe chills the dough 24 hours before baking).
Gingersnap Molasses Cookie Ingredients
- 6 tablespoons soft coconut oil (or butter)
- ½ Cup raw honey
- 1 large egg (or flax egg using 1 Tbsp ground flax, 3 Tbsp water – let sit 5 min)
- 1/4 cup molasses (unsulphured)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups gluten-free flour mix
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar (granulated cane, to roll dough balls in prior to baking)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix honey and coconut oil. Add the egg, molasses, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flours, spices, salt, baking powder, and soda. Whisk to blend. Add the dry to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined and smooth. The batter should be thick.
- Cover and chill cookie dough in the refrigerator for 8-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 176 C while you shape the cookie dough for baking.
- Otherwise, use a tablespoon (or ice cream scoop) to scoop dough and roll into balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar and place balls about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Be careful not to overbake. They should crack on the surface but still be slightly soft in the middle when done.
- Cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes and then use a spatula to place cookies on a cooling rack.
Recipe originated from The Spruce Eats and modified for my preferences