Giving up bread was not an easy task for a carb-aholic. Well, until I discovered something even better. Store-bought bread is no longer fermented (unless true sourdough) and is loaded with preservatives and sugar. This coconut bread recipe on the other hand will satisfy your carb cravings without the carbs and added junk. Almond flour, low in carbs and high in fiber, makes this a nearly carb-free treat. And it should pass your Paleo or Keto diet protocols. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. You may also enjoy my favorite treat of all – Lemon Scones.
Almond Coconut Bread Recipe
1 C blanched almond or coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
1 t powdered stevia or 1 T Lakanto (optional)
1/2 cup full cream can of coconut milk (almond milk okay)
5 eggs (or 5 T ground flax seeds plus 1 C water, let sit to thicken)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Blend wet ingredients in bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl. Mix well and combine with wet.
- Pour into greased (coconut oil) loaf pan and bake at 175C (350F) for 40 minutes.
- The top of the loaf should be firm and a light golden color. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Enjoy with nut butter or top with coconut oil and cinnamon. Enjoy.
Linda is passionate about educating the importance of food on our overall health bringing empowerment and good health to those willing to learn. Linda’s motto, “Attaining health one bite at a time,” is achieved through simplifying nutrition and healthy food preparation without sacrificing taste. Ask about personal plant-based cooking instruction and health consultations.